It is a great pleasure to welcome you at the 11th Annual Congress of Arabian International Society of Nutrition, Gastroenterology & Infectious Diseases (AISNGID) in collaboration with the Egyptian Pediatric Association (EPA) to be held in Sheraton Hotel - Alexandria between 19th – 21st November, 2020.
The Congress program covers a wide variety of subjects in the field of Nutrition, Gastroenterology and Infectious Diseases, as well as many recent advances and innovations that will be delivered by known speakers. It will be a time to update our knowledge, discuss and debate the latest issues, reflect on and share our experience and symposia would enrich the value of this gathering and will be most welcomed.
Prof. Hamed El-Khayat
President of Congress
Hamed Ahmed El Khayat, MB BCh & MD
Professor of Pediatrics
Ain Shams University
Dr. El Khayat is Ex-Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Ain Shams University
in Cairo, Egypt (2006-2008). He also maintains a private medical practice.
Dr. El Khayat was educated at Ain Shams University, receiving his MB BCh, Diploma of Medicine, Diploma of Pediatrics, and medical degree with specialty in pediatrics.
Dr. El Khayat has conducted several studies with the Egyptian Ministry of Health, serving as principal investigator for a study on immune status of mumps and as co-principal investigator for a study on Hemophilus influenzae type B infection in infants and children with pneumonia. From 2000 to 2002, he was involved with a collaborative study on Guillain-Barré syndrome conducted with Ain Shams University Children’s Hospital and the US Naval Medical Research Unit, No. 3. He has published more than 70 articles in national and international medical journals.
Dr. El Khayat has held various leadership positions in professional organizations;
· He was president of the Pan Arab Child Neurology Association from 2004 to 2005, and
· He was president of the Egyptian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry from 2002 to 2005;
· He has been vice-president of the Egyptian Human Medical Genetics Association since 1988.
· A Board member of the Ain Shams Pediatrics Society since 1974 up till now.
· He is also a Board member of the Egyptian Medical Association and the Egyptian Pediatric Association.
· He is now Board member Of Supreme council of Immunization/Vaccination at Ministry of Health & Population (Local NITAG) and Vacsera Organization.
· A Board member of (Global) NITAG in Paris.
· Finally, he has been awarded the' Certificate of Excellence' from Cairo Medical Syndicate (2007) and Ain Shams University (2015).